Sunday, February 24, 2013

Book it!

To whom it may concern:

It's becoming obvious to me that my main interest here is shifting to the discuss books. This should stand to reason given I spend several hours per day reading them. To this end, I've begun placing links to reading and book oriented blogs in my side bar. At present, I have only one linked. However, the one I have linked has a couple of dozen related blogs linked for your perusal until I have time to view them all myself. Eventually, I'll link to the ones I like best or visit frequently. 

I mention this only to say that I'll likely spend most of my writing time discussing books I'm either currently reading, or have recently finished. My goal won't be to review these works in a proper or technical sense. Rather, I'll give my thoughts, feelings, and impressions along the way - much like I did with Henry James in my last post. In these posts you'll quickly discover that I have a love/hate relationship with almost ever book I consume. So there will likely be something for everyone who loves a good read or wants to avoid a bad one. Few will get all my praise, but few will reap all my venom.

Of course, as other topics strike me as witty, clever, or important, I'll post on that too. I did see one blog linked which was about books and bicycles. That's a combination I'd love to cover myself - except that my bike, not to mention my body, needs an over haul. Maybe one day I'll get back on the road and share my adventures with you. Until then, maybe I'll include some of my adventures over the chess and checker board.

Until next time,

Contemplate the mysteries, and remember to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment