Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pages

To whom it may concern:

In addition to being a certified book addict, I've also done my fair share of collecting recommended reading lists. You know the kind, lists of books one should read before this, that, or the other thing. Many are just general recommendations. Others, on the other hand, contain the canon of literature on a given topic. Ask a long time sci-fi fan what are the essential books to get up to speed on the genre and you'll likely get a list. 

Having said that, I hate to admit it, but I even have a book of book lists. Yep, even spent real money on it. It's a listing of all the reading lists from major colleges and universities in the US (and maybe a few in Canada). As one might expect, there's a ton of over lap. 80% will make every list. I suppose it's that 20% which keeps me searching for the next sleeper in the stack. 

Regardless, I'm going to post some of the more interesting ones I've found or read from. Then, for ease of reference, I'll post them in a page in my side bar. 

Until next time,

Contemplate the mysteries, and remember to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment