Friday, February 15, 2013

The Best Laid Plans . . .

To whom it may concern:

Well, as is typically the case, my New Year's resolutions have virtually disintegrated. Evaporated without a trace might be a more accurate assessment. With the exception of reading 50+ books this year, which plan I'm well on track to accomplish, the others have never really begun. A casual glance at this blog since the beginning of the year should be proof enough that I haven't spent an hour a day writing (if the typos in this post weren't sufficient evidence). The desire is there at times, but the flesh is truly the weak link. In either event, this is an attempt to remedy the situation slightly. I do have ideas for future posts which, given the right balance of energy and relaxation, will result in more posts. 

On the plus side, I've done lots of reading. I've recently finished: 

Things Fall Apart  by Chinua Achebe
A Passage to India by E. M. Forster
All Quiet on the Western Front by Erichy Maria Remarque
Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller

I'm also currently reading (I alternate between them):

The Turn of the Screw by Henry James
The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.

All these books were great (or are great so far). Maybe I'll write a review or two about some of them. If you've got comments about any of these books, feel free to share them. Also, should you have recommendations, I'm all ears. 

Until next time,

Contemplate the mysteries, and remember to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment