Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Routine

I used to have a pastor who said, "A rut is just a grave with both ends kicked out." In a similar vein, a friend and I used to argue that the one who habitually wakes, showers, goes to work, comes back home, eats, watches re-runs of Survivor followed by the evening news, then goes back to bed only to repeat this regiment 4 or 5 more times in a week doesn't have a life, but a living death. 

So, get out there and take some risks. Yes, some of them can kill you, but the ones which don't can give you life! Besides, you're dead already if you don't try. 

Until next time,

Contemplate the mysteries, and remember to breathe - and take a few chances.




2 comments:

  1. I think that's why I've moved so much. some of the things I've been through in the last few years have been stressful and difficult, but far, far better than the routine you described (I've done that too).

    ReplyDelete