Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

To whom it may concern:

For all the usual reasons, I'm not a fan of New Year's resolutions. Some of the best life corrections I have ever made were done on the spur of a moment. To me if something is worth doing, it's worth doing today. However, given the radical changes in my life this year, I took the week between Christmas and New Year's to evaluate the year ahead. This gestation period yielded the following:

I want to finish 50 books in 2013. I'll draw these from a list of varying topics. One or two of them might actually take the whole year to complete. Such are theoretical books. Others will be simple and consumed in a weekend or so. Regardless, I'm going to read more.

Writing seems to be my latest kick. Thus, I want to dedicate at least an hour or two each day to doing nothing but creative writing. I currently have 3 blogs. However, I really want to try my hand at short stories I could submit for publication in the real world. I can't imagine seeing my name in print, but I'd like to try. Whatever comes of it, only this time next year will tell. 

More than anything else, I want to really live this year. Like Thoreau, I don't want to come to the end of my life, or this coming year, only to find that I'd never really lived. I want to love those around me more, and grow. 

Thanks for reading, 

and until next time,

contemplate the mysteries, and remember to breathe.

Happy New Year!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment