Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Page Fright

If this is not already a condition, it is now. Analogous to stage fright, I'm having page fright. I say this because for the last few weeks, I've told interested e-mailers that I'm struggling with writer's block. Obviously, that's not true. I have lots to say, much I want to write about, but none of which I'd want to make public. Maybe I'm just discovering why writers and significant, and not so significant, thinkers of the past kept a journal (or diary), publishing only what they wanted the general reading public to see or know. All I can deduce from all this is that I have things I need to write about, but don't want to share with the world. So, at 53, I've finally come to the calculated realization which every 12 year old girl knows instinctively. Oh, well, call me slow . . . but hand me that cool yellow diary . . . yes, and the key so I can lock it.  

Speaking of slow, the school system, in it's credentialed wisdom, has given their students off this week for spring break. Of course, it began snowing yesterday (Monday) and hasn't stopped yet (it's Tuesday morning now). This no longer surprises me. This is the same school system which will send out letters threatening truancy charges for unexcused absences while giving the children a day off nearly every other week! Seriously, I can't recall the last time they went three consecutive full weeks. Seldom have they gone back to back weeks without at least a half day thrown in to drive parents crazy. They even closed school for President's day. No one takes off for that except banks and the Federal government. Did we miss ground hog's day? Don't give them any ideas!

So, here we sit, bored, staring out the windows, watching the snow which has fallen in insufficient amounts to give them something to play with or in. Here we sit watching the squirrel pillage the bird feeder outside our window. Cabin fever doesn't begin to express what's building up inside. I guess we're in for a long, boring 'spring break'. 

until next time,

Contemplate the mysteries (but not the school system, unless there are no loaded fire arms in the house), and remember to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment