Sunday, November 4, 2012

Introduction

To whom it may concern:

I've always shied away from filling out profile questions and categories. However, since this blog is addressed to whom it may concern, I'll primarily say what's on my mind and leave the reading to you. In the main, I'll be more concerned with setting a mood w/my words, than in formulating a tightly knit argument or proof for some position. I'm too tired to fight via the written word. Life's too short, and fighting's no fun. So, you'll find here what's moving me on the day I write the posts. I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I'll enjoy writing them. 

By way of simple introduction, I'm a white male, old enough to know better, but young enough to do it anyway. Or, as Paul Simon so cleverly put it, "I'm older than I once was/but younger than I'll be/that's not unusual . . ." 

I've lived east of the Mississippi River and south of the Mason Dixon line all my life. I was raised and educated in a Fundamental(ish) Christian environment before going to a secular University. Thus, my opinions are varied, often scattered, and eclectic to put it mildly. 

I've been called a polymath and a renaissance man. To me, that's vastly over stating the case, but I'll let you decide as I pour my thoughts out here. 

So, for the next few posts, I'll address the remaining Blogger profile questions in the following order: Work and occupation; Interests; Favorite Movies, Music, and Books, with the last 3 items likely getting a full post each.

Until next time, 

Contemplate the mysteries, and remember to breathe.



No comments:

Post a Comment